Sunday, March 1, 2009

The warm wind

It should have rained ... She became wind and cloud today, my dear Tofa and I wish I could feel her coming back. But she preferred to fly for a while, and let me take home just her ashes. I kept watching the chimney, to see the smoke coming out, but it was nothing there. Then I looked at the shadow of the building and I saw how it was reflecting a wave of heat from the incinerator. That's how she went over the rainbow... as a warm wind. How could I think she can become grey smoke? The dog of my youth is now gone for good, not even her little body is with us anymore. And it was the hardest decision ever to nod towards the guy and let him take her and put her into the incinerator.

My ex came to the funeral. It is so strange to see somebody you've shared your life with after a while ... He is a stranger in front of you, and yet such a familiar stranger. None can fake anything ... you can lie to a stranger, or just hide from him. But this stranger knows you way too well, and you can't seem what you are not. Whether you changed or not it's barely relevant... it is still you and it is still him. And in front you lies the dog of your youth, of the youth of both... And you both cry for your lost youth, for all the "could have been"s but were not, for the time you had together and is forever gone.... nostalgia, not regret for not having it anymore. You cry for the little dog who loved you both till death, for the loss, for her and for yourself.

We waited for some time and then they brought me the urn. It was warm, from the ashes inside. And then I took her home. Memories in a box, life burnt and packed and an inscription - "Meet me at the end of the rainbow".... where true beauty meets the eye of the beholder.



No comments:

Post a Comment