Thursday, March 18, 2010

Out of Africa

I would like to impose a visa regime for my soul. I sometimes allow people to enter, take a tour or even make a little place of their own inside. Such a bad idea... it seems expansion is the dominating natural tendency. Everybody wants to take over and it's useless to place signs - 'private property, do not trespass'. Every sign becomes more of a challenge for expansion.

- Hey, my soul is not the Easter Island, we are not trying to prove the Darwinist theory here...
- that's what you think?
- well... it was my garden ... there used to be flowers and exotic birds here and I used to enjoy seeding thoughts inside. When they were growing, I never allowed them to become weeds... it was shiny and peaceful here... what are you trying to do?
- civilize you... civilize you because I love you. Let me make order in your garden and tell you what to plant. And let me show you how to clip the wings of the birds, so that they don't fly too far. I like to watch them in OUR garden.

They give you no option and they force you to choose. Offended, they threaten to leave if you don't let them fix your garden. Or, cunningly, they stay and try to make the hawks lay eggs daily while you don't notice. They think the phoenix burns their wooden cottage and they try to make a steak out of it.... since the bird enjoys the fire that much... why not?

What choice do you have but to force them out? And if you are to condition their entrance from the beginning, what will be the selection criteria?

Maybe that's what wedding rings are... visas given to somebody willing to fertilize your crops, when you are too blind to see the phoenixes anymore. Welcome to the civilized world, good bye my Africa...

No comments:

Post a Comment